Thursday, June 23, 2005

Some people

Woman on the phone (WOTP): Do you have any copies of such and such resource pamphlet that I can hand out tomorrow at a local house of worship where I am giving a speech on discrimination? See I wrote a book on discrimination for your agency.

Holden: Oh. How many copies do you need?

WOTP: Well my husband came from England after the war, where he'd been hiding during the war. He was hiding from the Nazis during the war. And since then, since he came here from England after the war, we always gone to a particular house of worship and we are very dedicated to them.

Holden: That's nice. How many copies do you need?

WOTP: They asked me to speak because I wrote a book on discrimination for your agency. I didn't actually write the book, but I edited it as a volunteer. I live downtown.

Holden: Uh huh. How about 15 copies?

WOTP: That'd be neat. And where are you located? I live downtown.

Holden: We are at 100 Apple Street.

WOTP: Well isn't that neat! I live on Apple Street. Then I will walk there. Hmmm... I can't picture it in my head, where your office is... Well I will walk there. Hopefully I won't get heatstroke.

Holden: Great. Bring a bottle of water and an umbrella. Thanks. Good bye.

WOTP: Yeah, hahaha. See I edited the book as a volunteer, so I didn't get paid. If I were smart, I would have asked for royalties and then donated them back to the agency. Then I would have gotten a tax deduction. Hahaha.

Holden: Ok. Goodbye.
[click]