Joints still work
I walked from downtown all the way down Hennepin and around the north side of Lake Calhoun this afternoon. After keeping my legs underneath a desk for 3 and half years, it felt good to know that they still work. Tis a glorious thing to be unemployed, if you can keep your mind and body occupied and agile.
It was lunchtime and all the restaurants were filled with people wiping fat off their faces. Fat people, wiping butter and cheese off their fat faces.
Granted it was kind of cold and had been raining all morning, but there was practically no one on the street. The people whose paths I crossed all looked at me with the same look I gave them: self-righteously unburdened by the shackles of gainful employment.
It's wonderful, not having to shave everyday, and there are other benefits as well. I have time to read books, play music, write, think and exercise. Everyone should all try it at some time. Just make sure you do it before you have kids, a mortgage, and a car, unless you don't mind losing them.

<< Home